Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Project-based challenges, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] If you're watching this course…on a computer and have Flare, either a licensed copy…or a trial version, you'll find 14 challenges…that provide hands-on practice for the concepts and features…described in the course.…Be aware that if you're using a trial copy,…Flare randomly misspells words in the topics…until you enter a license key.…It's scary, but harmless.…The challenges do not stand alone.…Instead, they build on each other…to form a tiny but real project.…
You'll create the project, add topics,…add and work with content, add navigation…in the form of a table of contents and lengths, and so on.…At the end, you'll build and view…real online and print output.…Plan to create and work on the project…on your own PC or laptop.…You'll create a working folder for the project,…just as you would in a real project.…Each challenge spells out what I want you to do.…While watching the challenge videos,…you may want to take notes on the details…of the tasks to be performed.…
Once you finish a challenge, you can review…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.