A page layout is a template that lets you control the page size and page orientation for a printed output, like a richer version of Microsoft Word’s page layout feature, plus as a header and or footer to every page. Learn how to create a page layout, apply it to a project, and generate and view the result.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…how to create a page layout,…a template that let's you control the header,…footer, page orientation, margins and more,…for printed output.…So, imagine that you are creating print output,…say PDF, this is a page,…and we've got content on the page,…but we decide that we want a header on the page,…at the top of the page, could be company name,…and we decide we want a footer…at the bottom of the page, again, page number is common…but it could be things like copyrights and so on.…
That is what a page layout lets you create.…So let's go ahead and create one.…I'm gonna go back to Flare,…and I'm going to click, up on the menu,…on File, I'll select the second option, New,…and when the Add File dialogue box opens up,…I'm going to click in the pull-down…for the File Type field, and select Page Layout.…So you want to be careful here,…because in the template list there's a lot of choices,…but for a basic starting template,…the simplest template to choose is Default,…so I'm going to pick that.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 28m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.