Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Congratulations, you finished this course.…You've learned about concepts like topics,…and single sourcing, and features like style sheets,…conditions, snippets, and targets.…You now have the basic skills needed to use Flare…to create online documentation and help systems.…You should also have a sense…of Flare's depth of features and options…that let you create customized output targets aimed…at different audiences using different devices.…What next?…First, start using Flare now…as soon as you finish the course,…while the material is still fresh in your mind.…
Second, keep learning.…Where can you go for more information?…Try MadCap's website,…you'll find a range of resources including…a more comprehensive three-day long class…and a number of advanced one-day classes.…Try the MadCap user forums,…you'll find hundreds of questions and responses…from users and by users.…See if there's a user group near you.…Go to this URL…and scroll down to the Local Flare User Group listing.…For still more information, outside MadCap's direct website,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 15m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.