A master page is a template that lets you add a breadcrumb trail, a header, a footer, and other objects to every topic in an online output like HTML5. Learn how to create a master page, apply it to a project, and generate and view the result.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…you'll learn how to create a master page,…a template that lets you control the header and footer…of each topic in an online output.…Let's step back a second a review the screen…that you've been generating…that you've seen a couple of times.…At the top is that narrow horizontal tool bar pane,…at the left is the navigation tabs pane…where the table of contents and glossary showed up,…and the large pane at the lower right…is the topic display pane.…That's where the actual content appears.…
Now you might decide that in addition to the content…you might want a bread crumb trail up there.…You might decide that you want a header,…maybe your company name.…You might decide that you want a footer…at the bottom of the topic,…maybe a copyright or maybe a series of social media links…and the bread crumb trail, the header, and the footer…are controlled by this file called the master page.…So let's go ahead and create and apply one.…So in Flare, I'm going to click on file, new…and in the add file dialog box,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 43m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.