A master page is a template that lets you add a breadcrumb trail, a header, a footer, and other objects to every topic in an online output like HTML5. Learn how to create a master page, apply it to a project, and generate and view the result.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…how to create a master page,…a template that controls the header and footer…for each topic in an online output.…So, to understand the concept,…I'm gonna draw an output…and here's the window we've seen so far a couple of times.…Here is the area where the topic body goes…and what you can have in this area,…is a bread crumb trail, typically above the topic body.…
This is the you are here.…You might also want to have a…header above the topic body,…like say your company name.…You might want to have a footer,…let's say, below the topic body…where you could put in a copyright,…maybe a social media link…and pretty much anything else you want.…So, this is controlled by the master page.…Adds the bread crumb trail, the header…and the footer, and you can control whichever…of these you want or don't want.…
So, let's go ahead and create one.…So, I'm going to switch back to Flare…and I'm going to click on file, new…and I'm going to create a new master page…so I'm going to click up in the file type field…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell3h 43m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.