After creating topics, you have to manage them. Learn common topic managements tasks – renaming a topic and its associated file if the subject’s name changes, deleting a topic you’re no longer using (and restoring a topic you shouldn’t have deleted), and what to do with topics that you’re not quite sure you can delete.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn how to rename…and delete an existing topic.…We'll be working in a pre-created project…from now on to save time.…So, why might you want to rename a topic?…Well, I have a topic here called milkshake.…I'll double-click it to open it up.…And in many cases you might document…a feature in some software…and have it called milkshake or something else.…Only to have the programmers come back to you…several months later and say "we've changed the name."…So you have to change the name of the topic…that describes that feature.…
That's what we're going to do.…If you look over in the content explorer on the left,…here's the milkshake topic, and I want to rename it.…I'll click on it and you notice it de-highlights .htm.…To make sure I don't accidentally overwrite them,…and instead I'll change the name to the real name,…which we decide is frappe.…Press enter.…Are we done?…Well, that depends as far as Flare is concerned we're done.…Because it will perfectly, happily,…point the milkshake topic to a file called frappe.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell3h 49m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.