After creating topics, you have to manage them. Learn common topic managements tasks – renaming a topic and its associated file if the subject’s name changes, deleting a topic you’re no longer using (and restoring a topic you shouldn’t have deleted), and what to do with topics that you’re not quite sure you can delete.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn how to rename…and delete an existing topic.…We'll be working in a pre-created project from now on…in order to save time.…So why might you want to rename a topic?…Well, it could be that the original topic title…described a feature that was renamed after that topic…was written or maybe you've just got a different name…depending on the audience.…Here, for example, we have a topic called, "Milkshake."…Except, in some parts of the country a milkshake…is called a frappe and we've been asked…to rename this topic.…
So, it's easy to do.…Over in the "Content Explorer," I'll click on the topic,…make sure that the topic's title is selected…but not the .htm and type the new name, "Frappe."…Press "Enter."…But we're not done because as far as Flare is concerned,…the Milkshake topic is pointing to a file named, "Frappe,"…and it works fine but it's going to be confusing…to the developers so it's good practice to make sure…that as much as you can, a topic's title, the part…that the users see matches the file name.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell3h 59m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.