Screen images can do a lot to make your material more friendly and understandable. Learn how to easily insert screen images in your topics, and learn about other graphic objects that you can insert as well.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…you'll learn how to insert a graphic into a topic.…You might want to insert graphics in topics…for several reasons.…A common reason being just to show the users…what the screen should look like,…or if they're following some series of steps…to show them what the screen should look like…if they've done everything correctly through step 10,…or something like that.…It could also be for reference,…you could also insert line art,…you could insert photographs,…you could insert operational flow charts,…anything like that.…
So, let's go ahead and insert a graphic,…so I'm going to click on this line just below…the Spaniels topic,…and up on the menu,…I'll click on insert,…and then at the left-end of the ribbon, image.…I'm now at the insert image dialogue box,…and I'm going to click my ellipsis button,…the browse button,…the three dots,…and go out to the folder that contains the graphic…that I want to import,…so it's going to be on my C drive in this case.…
I'll go to the folder that contains it,…here's the graphic that I want,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 4m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.