If you get new material written in Word or FrameMaker by subject matter experts who don’t use Flare, you can easily add it to your Flare project. Learn how to import that material and see various import options.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn…how to import Word files into a Flare project.…The steps are the same if you want…to import FrameMaker files; so we'll cover…both types in this one video using Word as an example.…You might want to import a Word document…into a project if a subject matter expert…created some material for you in Word.…So, when you import a Word document…Flare is going to be looking for the presence…of Head Styles in the document.…So let's say this is a document…and in the document there's a Level 1 Head,…and there's some body text, then there's a Level 2 Head,…and some body text.…
Here's another Level 2 Head and some body text,…and so on.…Flare will come back and say it's found…Heading 1 and Heading 2 styles in this document…and ask you at what level do you want to break.…If you say break on Head 1, Flare will simply…create one topic equal to the entire Word document…because there's only one Level 1 Head.…But if you say break on Head 1 and Head 2…Flare will actually create one, two,…and three separate topics because…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.