If you get new material written in HTML format by subject matter experts who don’t use Flare, you can easily add it to your Flare project. Learn how to import that material and see various import options.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…you'll learn how to import HTML files into a Flare project.…So, you might want to do this if,…say, a subject matter expert is sending you material…to be added to the Flare project,…and they write in some tool that outputs HTML,…Dreamweaver for example.…Here's an example of a simple HTML file,…it's got one level one head,…two subheads with some text under each,…this is what we're going to import into Flare.…So, I'm going to go back into Flare, and, to do an import,…what I'm going to do is click up on the menu, on Project,…and then the second icon from the left…on the ribbon, Import, I'll click the pull-down,…and select HTML File Set.…
I'm going to get the first screen of the HTML Files Wizard,…and, first thing it's asking me is,…do I want to import into this project, which is the default,…so, I'll just leave that set, click on Next.…It's now basically asking me…what file or files I want to import.…What I'll do is click on that green plus sign,…at the bottom right, Add Files.…It's going to give me the Open File dialog box,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 4m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.