The hyperlink, or “jump link”, from topic A to topic B, is the most commonly used type of link on the web and in Flare projects. Learn how to create hyperlinks easily and quickly.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…about the basic type of link, the hyperlink,…also called the jump link,…and see how to create them.…So, a hyperlink is really just a connection,…a jump from a topic to another topic…or perhaps to an external file like a PDF…or perhaps to an external webpage…or any other external file.…So let's go ahead and create one.…In the project, I'm going to go to the topic…called Hyperlink Source Topic,…and I have some predefined text there,…Link to Hyperlink Target Topic.…
So I'll highlight my link text, Hyperlink Target Topic.…And then up on the toolbar,…I'll click the Insert a Hyperlink icon.…I could also click up on the menu on Insert…and select Hyperlink.…Either way takes me to the same screen.…I now have to pick my target topic.…And we know that we want the topic…called Hyperlink Target Topic.…I'll select that.…There's various ways in which you can display…all of the available topics, by the way.…
What you're seeing here is organized really by folder,…but you could also organize them alphabetically,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 4m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.