The Target Editor is where you pull together all your Flare project settings to specify what format to use, what content to use, what conditions to apply, and a lot more. Learn about the Target Editor and how to create, define, generate, and view a target.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll get an overview…of the target editor, learn how to generate output targets,…and how to use the output pane.…This video also ties together everything that we've…done beforehand, because this is where you'll actually…create and generate a target.…So, in the course of your project you've created a bunch…of topics labeled one, two, three, X.…You've created various control files, like a style sheet,…a table style sheet, a master page, maybe a glossary.…
And what you'll do is collect all these different files…together and use them to generate, let's say,…your HTML 5 output.…That's what we're going to do.…Here's the Target Editor.…And the Target Editor is where you actually tie all the…different pieces together to generate the output.…So on the General tab, you'll specify what's called…the Startup Topic.…Think of this as the home page.…
And if you click this ellipsis button to the right…of the Startup Topic field, this will display all…the different topics that are available in the project…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 49m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.