A project is a container for all the content files, image files, and control files that make up your outputs. Learn how you can create a new project from scratch or by importing Word, Framemaker, HTML, and other types of files, and how to close and re-open an existing project.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn about…how to create a new Flare project…and how to open and close an existing project.…You can create a new project in various ways,…including by importing one or more Word documents…or importing one or more FrameMaker files,…or HTML files,…or by importing projects created using…other competing help authoring tools…like RoboHelp, Author-it and Doc-To-Help,…or by creating it from scratch in Flare,…which is what we'll do in this module.…
I'm going to click on File on the menu,…and then click the first option, New Project,…which will give me a second screen…listing all my new project options…including some that I didn't mention.…I'll click the first one, New Project.…It's going to give me the first screen…of a New Project Wizard,…and I decide that the name of the project…should be Lynda.…It's now asking me in what folder do I want that stored,…so I'll click this little ellipsis button…and this will open up Browse For Folder dialog box,…and I can now go off and find where I want this.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 4m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.