Glossaries are common in technical material and online material is no exception. You can create a topic for use as a glossary, but a glossary tab is a better approach. Learn the benefits of using a glossary tab, how to create one, and different ways in which to present definitions.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn how…to create a glossary tab.…You can create a glossary topic, or an…actual glossary tab, that displays…next to the table of contents, index and search tabs.…So the tab approach offers some…significant benefits, mainly greater visibility.…If this is my output, and this is…using a format called the tripane window,…which we will discuss later,…but this is where the topic content goes.…
And over here you've got your table of contents tab,…you've got your index tab if you want one,…your search tab, and your glossary tab.…So this way the glossary's always visible,…and for that reason a lot of people like this approach.…So the tab method, which we're going to do,…offers two ways to display definitions…depending on whether those definitions contain…one paragraph of text and that's all,…or multiple paragraphs of text,…plus tables, lists, images, links, formatting and more.…
So in Flare, I'm going to go to the project…organizer pane, and I have this glossaries tab here.…Now there is a pre-defined glossary,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 4m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.