Conditions are indicated within a project by markers called build tags that you can assign to anything from a single letter in a topic to an entire folder of topics, to images, glossaries, and more. Learn about how to create, assign, and use build tags.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…you'll learn about Conditional Build Tag creation and use.…So, over on the Project Organizer…in my Conditional Text folder,…there's one build tag set,…which Flare creates called Default…with these two settings.…And you can, again,…control them by using the Condition Tag Set Editor,…which offers the New Item icon, Add a New Tag,…and then the usual Cut, Copy, Paste, and Delete.…
So I decide I want to add a new item.…So I'll click that.…It creates one called New Tag,…and I decide that I want to call this Demo.…I can change the background color if I want to,…but I'll just leave it as dark green for the moment.…And I'll do a Save All.…And I've created my Conditional Build Tag,…as simple as that.…Now what I want to do is apply it, I want to use this.…So the first thing I'll do is apply it to a topic.…I'll select Conditional Test Topic,…but in order to apply it at a topic level,…I have to do this in Content Explorer.…
So, I would simply right click on the topic,…select Properties, and on the Conditional Text Tab,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.