Conditions are indicated within a project by markers called build tags that you can assign to anything from a single letter in a topic to an entire folder of topics, to images, glossaries, and more. Learn about how to create, assign, and use build tags.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn about…conditional build tag creation and use.…So the first thing we're going to do…is create a new conditional build tag.…To do this, I'm going to go to the project organizer pane…and there is a folder here called Conditional Text.…If you expand it you'll see that Flare…automatically creates a holder, a container for…your build tags and automatically calls it default.…You can add other conditional build tag groups if you want,…but let's make our change in the default set which already…has two tags called print only and screen only.…
Print only will use a background color of red,…screen only uses dark blue and if you're applying these…conditions to any file or folder the color…will appear in these, again, what appear to be check boxes.…If you're applying a condition to content within a topic,…Flare will use a lighter shade of the color as a background…color so that you can see what's been conditionalized.…We want to create a new condition in the condition tags set…editor, which has it's own local tool bar.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.