Conditionality lets you create categories of content or other project elements and then select specific categories to be used for a particular output. This makes it possible to create outputs tailored to US, Canadian, and EU users, for example. Learn about how condition concepts.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn about…Conditional Build Tag concepts.…A condition is a category for content,…and a Build Tag is the marker that indicates the category…in which a piece of content or a control file belongs.…Content, or project elements, can have a Build Tag…assigned to them or not.…If they don't have a Build Tag, like this topic…and this topic, they're always used.…
If some material does have a Build Tag assigned to it,…you can control whether or not that material…is used in a particular output, included or excluded.…So for example, if I want to generate Output A…I'll tell Flare, give me those two topics that had no labels…and then give me all the topics that were labeled A.…If I want to generate Output B,…similar, those two topics that were not labeled get included…and then all the topics that are labeled B get included.…
This makes Conditionality one of the core features…behind single sourcing, because this allows you…to have one Project that contains material.…It could be topics, it could be images,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.