Conditionality lets you create categories of content or other project elements and then select specific categories to be used for a particular output. This makes it possible to create outputs tailored to US, Canadian, and EU users, for example. Learn about how condition concepts.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn about…conditional build tag concepts.…A condition is really nothing more than a category…and a build tag is a marker that indicates…the category in which a piece of content belongs.…Content can have no condition assigned.…So, again, this is a project and let's say that in…that project I have a topic which is going to be used…in all the outputs.…Maybe this is the general information…that everybody gets.…
But then, maybe I have some material right here…that's going to be used in the online output…and I have some other material that's only…going to be used in print output.…So, I can create different categories of material…and then when I decide I want to generate the online output,…I tell Flare, "Generate Online," "Exclude Print."…And what happens is that everything that is tagged…or conditionalized as online gets used in that output…and anything that is not conditionalized is also used.…
So, in fact, the general content would not have a condition…applied to it and when I generate my online output,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.