Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge 9: Create a page layout, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The page layout lets you define a header,…footer, page size, page orientation,…and margins for print outputs.…If you have a Word background,…think of a page layout as a richer version…of the Page Setup feature in Word.…In this challenge, you'll create a page layout with…your company name in the header…and a page number in the footer.…Create the page layout,…following the process described in the video.…Call it Flare One Page Layout.…Click on the header region and press F2.…
When a message asks if you want to use a template, click no.…Then type your company name in the…Frame Contents window at the bottom of the screen.…The name will be left aligned,…so click the Home ribbon in Flare…and click the center option in the Paragraph group.…Then, close the Frame Contents window and Save.…Now, click on the footer region and press F2.…When a message again asks if you want to use a template,…click yes and select the Page N of N template.…
The page number will be left aligned in…the Frame Contents window so again,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 15m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.