Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge 8: Create a master page, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The master page lets you define…a header and or footer for online outputs.…In this challenge you'll create a simple master page…containing a breadcrumb trail above the topic body…and a copyright statement below the topic body.…You'll create the master page following the process…described in the video, call it Flare One Master Page.…If you don't see the proxy bars, click the Show Tags Icons…pull-down on the topic editor toolbar and select…the Show Markers option, the second option.…
You'll leave the breadcrumb proxy…above the topic body proxy, use the down arrow key…on your keyboard to move the flat bar pointer…below the topic body proxy, press Enter,…and type Copyright 2016 My Company.…Then put the pointer to the left of 2016,…insert the copyright symbol using the character icon…on the topic editor toolbar, add a space,…and then do a Save All.…
Then you'll apply this master page to the project…by opening the target editor for the HTML 5…and the target's folder on the project organizer,…selecting the advanced tab, and selecting your master page.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.