Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Challenge 6: Create a stylesheet, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Now that your project…has content and navigation,…it's time to work on the formatting.…In this challenge, you'll create a basic style sheet,…apply it to the entire project,…and then make one style change to see the effect.…First, you'll create a new style sheet,…and call it Flare one style sheet.…In the style sheets folder, under the resources folder,…on the content explorer pane,…following the process covered earlier,…then change the default color…for the h1 style in the font properties group to red.…
Remember to save your work.…Now, apply this new style sheet to the entire project…by using the project,…project properties defaults master style sheet field.…Save the project,…and open any topic to see the effect.…Each topics title is now red,…then change the color of h1 to green,…and save again.…Each topic's title is now green.…This challenge is taking you into some new areas in Flare,…so plan on taking about 15 minutes.…
When you finish,…check out my solution video.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 43m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.