Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Challenge 5: Use different links, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In this challenge,…you'll try the major types of links.…First, you'll create a topic called links and add it to…the table of contents below the dog breeds entry.…Then you'll add some working text…to create the different types of links.…Hyperlinks and you'll create a hyperlink…to the setters topic.…Cross-reference links and you'll create a cross-reference…to the setters topic.…Popup links and you'll create a popup to the setters topic.…And finally a dropdown link.…
Then you'll create the different link types using the text…as a guide to tell you what type to create for each.…When you finish, you'll save the topic, preview it,…and try each type of link.…There's a lot to do in this challenge,…so it should take you about 15 minutes.…When you finish, check out my solution video.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 15m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.