Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge 4: Add a table of contents, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- You now have a project and some content,…but it's useless if users can't find…the information they need.…So the next step is to add navigation,…starting with a table of contents.…The table of contents you'll add…is equivalent to one you'd find in a book,…with sections, subsections, and items,…but instead of page references,…the items are linked to specific topics.…First, you'll create a table of contents…and call it Dogs TLC.…You'll delete the boiler plate headings that…Flare automatically adds, then add a new heading,…which Flare calls a book, and call it Dogs.…
Then you'll add each of the individual topics under…the Dogs folder, by dragging it onto the Dogs heading.…You'll change the order in which the topics are listed…by using either drag and drop or the up and down arrows…on the toolbar to list the topics in the sequence,…Dog Breeds, Spaniels, and Setters.…Finally, you'll delete the empty new item.…This challenge should take you about 10 minutes.…When you finish, check my solution video.…If you're just joining us…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 4m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.