Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Challenge 2: Create new topics, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now that you've created your new project,…your next challenge is to add some content to it.…You'll create three new topics called dog breeds,…spaniels, and setter in the project.…Add some content to the spaniel and setter topics,…such as spaniels are a hunting breed,…setters are a hunting breed,…then you'll some content in the dog breeds topic…that refers to the spaniels and setter topics.…You'll add a spelling error in the spaniels topic,…then use the spell checker to correct it.…
You'll create a bulleted list by adding English, Gordon,…and Irish in the setter topic,…then selecting those three types…and turning them into a bulleted list.…You'll change the name of the setter topic…to setters with an s.…Do all these steps using the techniques shown…in the last three videos.…This challenge should take about 15 minutes,…much of which you'll spend experimenting…with features on the interface.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell3h 43m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.