Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge 2: Create new topics, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- Now that you've created your new project,…your next challenge is to add some content to it.…You'll create three new topics called…Dog Breeds, Spaniels, and Setter in the project.…Add some content to the Spaniels and Setter topics,…such as, Spaniels are a hunting breed,…Setters are a hunting breed.…Then you'll add some content in the Dog Breeds topic that…refers to the Spaniels and Setter topics.…You'll add a spelling error in the Spaniels topic,…then use the spell-checker to correct it.…
You'll create a bulleted list by adding…English, Gordon, and Irish in the Setter topic,…then selecting those three types…and turning them into a bulleted list.…You'll change the name of the Setter topic to Setters,…with an 'S'.…Do all these steps using the techniques…shown in the last three videos.…This challenge should take about 15 minutes,…much of which you'll spend experimenting…with features on the interface.…If you're just joining us…and want to do this challenge from here,…start with the file called Flare Challenge one.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 49m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.