Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Challenge 14: Generate HTML5 and PDF outputs, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll get an overview…of the Target Editor, learn how to generate output targets…and how to use the Build pane.…So a target that you create using the Target Editor…is simply pulling together all of the parts…of the project that you've defined so far.…So for example, your project might have…a number of topics, topics one, two, X…a CSS, maybe a glossary, maybe a Master Page,…maybe some other files and those files…are all pulled together in a target control file…that is in charge of generating a particular output target.…
So let's take a look and see how this works in Flare.…So in Flare, I'm going to create and define…a new HTML5 target, so I'm going to…click up on the menu on File, New as usual.…I'll click the File Type field pull-down…and select Target and in the File Name field…down at the bottom, I'll call it HTML5-Lynda.…I'll make sure the output type matches,…HTML5, it does, and I'll click on Add.…
It's going to open up the Target Editor…and I can now start specifying the features that I want.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 49m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.