Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge 13: Create a snippet, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Snippets are conceptually the same as…variables but they can contain text, graphics, tables,…videos, and anything else that you would put into a topic.…Including a variable.…You can turn existing content into a snippet…or create a snippet from scratch.…In this challenge, you'll create, insert,…and modify a snippet from scratch.…First, create a new snippet and call it Springer Spaniel.…
Set its content as alert, cheerful,…and affectionate and do a save all.…Now, open the Spaniel's topic,…add a new line at the bottom of the topic,…and insert the Springer Spaniel snippet.…Then press enter and insert it again…to simulate adding it to multiple topics.…Now change the snippet value.…You can re-open the snippet in the…snippet editor but there's a shortcut.…Right click on the block bar to the left…of the snippet and select open…link to open the snippet editor.…
Put the pointer at the end of the text line,…press enter, and type active two.…Then do a save all.…Return to the Spaniel's topic and you'll see that both…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 4m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.