Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Challenge 11: Create a conditional build tag, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The conditionality feature…is at the heart of single sourcing.…In this challenge, you'll create…and apply a conditional build tag.…First, you'll create an conditional build tag…and call it test, following the process…described in the earlier videos.…Do a save all when you finish.…Then open the setters topic, select the gordon list item,…select conditions from the attributes group…on the home ribbon, and click in the check box for test.…
Do a save all.…Now, preview the setters topic.…When it opens, you'll see all three bulleted items.…Click the modify conditional expression icon…in the upper right corner of the window,…click in the exclude checkbox for test, and click okay.…When the topic displays in the preview window,…the gordon bulleted item is gone.…To redisplay it, click the modify conditional expression…icon again, deselect the exclude checkbox for test,…and click okay.…
When the topic displays in the preview,…the gordon item is back.…Creating and applying a conditional build tag is simple,…sometimes dangerously so if you haven't clearly thought out…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.