Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge 10: Create a tripane and topnav skin, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Now that you've seen how to create…both the tripane skin and the topnav skin,…you can compare the two on your project.…In this challenge, you'll create a skin…of each type and generate your project…with each one to see the difference.…First create a simple tripane skin following…the process described in the earlier videos.…Use the HTML 5 tripane template,…call your skin Flare 1 Tripane Skin.…In the Features list on the General tab,…select Glossary, deselect Community,…do a Save All, and then build.…
Preview the skin using the skin editor's preview feature.…If you don't see the contents, index, and unlabeled…glossary tabs on the left, maximize the preview window.…Then create a simple topnav skin, again…following the process described in the earlier videos.…Use the HTML 5 topnavigation template,…call the skin Flare 1 Topnav Skin,…and preview it using the skin editor's preview feature.…Creating the skin can be simple,…but you can get drawn into experimenting…with all the options, especially for topnav.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 28m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.