When you create a CSS, Flare automatically assigns it a basic set of styles with standard properties. You can change those styles and properties to customize the CSS to your needs. Learn how to change the properties of an existing style and how to add a new style.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…how to modify existing styles…and create new ones to customize a basic style sheet.…So, I'm going to open up the Lynda style sheet,…which is in the style sheets folder…under the resources folder on the content explorer…and we set h1, heading1 to be red.…So we decide we want to change it to green.…Just to see a simple change.…So in the list of styles, over on the left,…I'm gonna select h1 and then I'm going to open up…the font group under properties.…
And you notice that color is set to red.…So I'll click the color chip,…click the pull-down,…and select some shade of green, lime green.…And I'll do a save-all.…And now, I should be able to go to any topic…and all the headings have changed from red to green.…So it's that simple to make a basic change…to an existing style.…How could we create a new style?…Well, there's two ways in which…you could create a new style.…
One way is to do so by creating the style from scratch…in the style sheet editor.…The other way is by doing local formatting…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.