Creating a CSS is quick and easy, and you can apply it to one topic in a project or, more efficiently, to all topics in a project, including new topics that you haven’t created or imported yet. Learn how to create a basic new CSS and apply it to one topic or to the entire project.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…how to create a stylesheet and apply it to a project.…There's often a temptation to create a separate…stylesheet for each project, but you're actually…better off if you create a single stylesheet…and apply it to all the projects.…That way, all your projects will have…the same formatting, and you'll be presenting…a consistent face to the users.…So let's see how to do this.…I'm just opening a topic at random,…and you notice that the heading,…the title, the Head 1, is black.…
So I'm going to create a new stylesheet.…So I'll click on File up on the menu,…select New, the second option down,…in the Add File dialog box, click on…the pull-down for File Type…and select Stylesheet.…It's now asking me to select a template…and I'll just go with the default, which is Basic.…I can store it either in the folder,…the root folder, or…if I click the browse button,…and then open the Resources folder,…I'll see that there's a Stylesheet subfolder.…
So I'll select that and click OK.…Flare doesn't care where you put the stylesheet,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 57m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.