Creating a CSS is quick and easy, and you can apply it to one topic in a project or, more efficiently, to all topics in a project, including new topics that you haven’t created or imported yet. Learn how to create a basic new CSS and apply it to one topic or to the entire project.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn how to create…a style sheet, and apply it to a project.…A style sheet is a collection of styles: heading styles,…text styles, table styles, list styles, and more…that you can apply to all the topics in a project.…In fact, a nice feature is that you can apply a style sheet…to multiple projects.…So, for example, there's often a temptation…to do something like this.…We create a style sheet called X.CSS.…
CSS is a cascading style sheet,…and we apply it to project X.…And then we create another style sheet called Y.CSS,…and we apply it to project Y.…It seems to make sense, but in fact there's a better way,…which is you create one style sheet…that you can apply to all your projects.…And what this does is, it let's you present…a consistent face to the outside world.…
So you create one style sheet called,…let's say, company.CSS…and you can then apply that to project X and project Y…and project Z,…and all of those projects are using the same styles.…So, let's go ahead and create a new style sheet,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.