Once you’ve created the CSS and applied it to the topics in your project, you can apply the actual styles to specific pieces of content. Learn two ways in which to display the list of available styles and how to apply a specific style to your content.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn…how to apply styles within topics.…So I have a topic open here, CSS Demo.…Now there's two ways in which I can apply styles.…One way is to go to the home ribbon…and you'll notice just about in the center…is my styles drop down…and this will show me a list of all the styles…that I have available at this point.…So this is a convenient way to do it.…There is one drawback to this approach however,…which is that this drop down window…may cover up something that you're trying to see.…
So the alternative is you can close the drop down…So the alternative is you can close the drop down…and instead click here where it says style window.…This opens up a styles pane…on the right hand side of the screen.…So the styles pane eats up screen space…but I prefer it personally because this way…I don't have to worry about the drop down covering something…and if I have dual monitors I could just…move the styles pane off to the second monitor.…So this is a personal preference.…
But that said how do we apply style?…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.