Once you’ve created the CSS and applied it to the topics in your project, you can apply the actual styles to specific pieces of content. Learn two ways in which to display the list of available styles and how to apply a specific style to your content.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn how…to apply styles within topics.…So there's two ways in which to open the list of styles…in the style sheet that you've applied to this project.…One way is through the Home ribbon.…The other way is by opening a Styles pane.…So let's take a look, first by using…the Styles drop-down on the Home ribbon.…So what I'll do is just select some text.…I'll click on the Home menu item,…and just in the middle of the ribbon is the Styles group.…
So what I can do is click on the Style pull-down,…and this will show me all the styles that are available…for use in the text which I've highlighted.…This is a very convenient way to work.…A lot of people like working this way.…The one drawback with working this way is that…oftentimes the drop-down will cover…part of the topic that you're working on.…The alternative is to click right here,…where it says Style Window, and this opens…a window on the right side of the screen.…
You can also get here by simply pressing the F12 key.…So how, then, do we apply a style?…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 4m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.