Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new data source for Mail Merge, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- If the variable data that you want to use…for your mail merge doesn't already exist…in an electronic format, you can create a new data source…for mail merge right here in the Word 2016.…We're going to go to the Mailings tab,…choose Select Recipients and choose Type a New List.…This opens the New Address List dialogue box.…This is set up to be for the kind of information…that we would normally use for mail merge:…names, company names, addresses, phone numbers and so on.…You can use this scrollbar to the right to see…what all we have here.…If you wish, you can customize these columns:…you can delete columns you don't want to use,…you can add columns that you do wish to use.…
I'm going to enter some basic information about people…but I don't have the title,…so I don't need to have this Title's field at all.…But I do want to have another column to enter request dates…because this is going to be for people…who have requested information in 2016.…So click Customize Columns, I'm going to delete Title.…It says: When you delete 'Title',…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.