Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Mail Merge with an Excel table, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- [Voiceover] Most organizations…have volumes of data stored in Microsoft Excel…and it's easy to see why.…Excel is incredibly powerful and yet it's simple to use,…easier to use than Access, for example.…When you want to be able to create a new data set,…it's easy to use when you wanna be able…to sort and filter and analyze your data…and it gives you powerful tools that you can use.…Let's see how we can use Microsoft Excel…as a data source for our Mail Merge.…We're here in our letter…and I'm going to go to the Mailings tab,…select Recipients, Use an Existing List.…
Now I need to navigate…to where I saved my Excel worksheet…and it's on my Desktop, Exercise Files, Chapter One,…and the file that I want to open…is Catalog Requests.xlsx.…That's the Excel file.…Now you also see Catalog Requests.csv,…I actually tucked that in here in case you wanna play…with bringing in Comma Separated Value or CSV information.…Either one provides similar data,…except CSV files can only have one data set,…whereas Excel workbooks can have multiple sheets.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.