Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Completing the merge, part of Mail Merge in Depth with Word 2016.
- We have our primary mail merge file open in Word.…We've already checked for errors…using the Check for Errors command…in the Preview Results group.…Now we're ready to finish our merge…and combine out primary letter with records…from a data source to create a personalized letter…one for each of the 200 people in our data source.…There are two options for merging letters,…actually three options in total.…The third - sending email messages - we will talk about…in the next section of movies.…
We're going to talk now about editting individual documents…and printing documents.…Here's how to think of this.…The first choice - Edit Individual Documents -…says: merge all of these documents into one single file…that I can then examine and print.…So you'll end up with one document…that in this case will be 100 pages long,…one for each letter.…The second option says: don't create a document for me…to examine, send these right to the printer.…
If you need to keep a copy of the merged file for evidence…so that you can prove that you sent this…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
Forms in Depth with Word 2016with Gini von Courter1h 30m Intermediate
Office 365: Word Essential Trainingwith David Rivers5h 41m Beginner
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.