Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- [Voiceover] You've reached the end of this course,…but this is not the end of what you can do…with mail merge and with field codes…in Microsoft Word 2016.…A couple of recommendations for what you might do next.…First, if there were tips along the way…that you thought oh, that was helpful, that was useful,…you might consider taking a look…at the Word 2016 Essential Training course,…which is sort of a soup to nuts version…of what you can do in Microsoft Word.…So, if you are new to Word 2016,…especially if you're new to the newer versions of Word,…if you're jumping from 10 to 16, for example,…you might consider the Word 2016 Essential Training course.…
If you're interested in improving your workflow…and your practice with what you can do with Word,…and if you are taking a leadership role…in your department or your group or your organization,…then you might take a look at Word 2016 Forms in Depth.…It's taught at the same level as this course,…and like this course, will help you develop…documents and practices that will save you time,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the tab where the Mail Merge button resides on the ribbon.
- Recall the button in the New aAdress List dialog box that is used to change the columns that you use when creating a new entry.
- Explain how to select only a few rows from an Excel sheet as a data source.
- List the things that the Preview Results section on the Mailings tab lets you look at.
- Name the finishing option you should use to save the results of the merge in one file.
- Recognize the options on the Labels tab of the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.