Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting address blocks, greeting lines, and merge fields, part of Mail Merge in Depth with Word 2016.
- This primary merge document,…Merge Brochure Matched,…which we saved in the prior movie,…includes the connection to our data source,…which is the Excel worksheet that includes field matching.…So, we have all of our fields mapped…from our data source to here.…Now it's time to actually insert placeholders…for those fields into our letter,…so that we have a placeholder replacing…everywhere there's static text that it should be variable.…All of this is wicked easy in Word 2016.…Let's start with our letter,…and there are several ways that we can insert fields.…
For example, down here we have a first name,…and, if I wanted to, all I need to do…is insert the first name field.…In the Write & Insert Fields group on the mailings tab,…go to Insert Merge Field, and there is first name.…Because I had Lilah selected, it replaced it,…so now I have a first name that will go there.…Notice chevrons surrounding it.…Those aren't things that you can simply type…with 'less than' symbols on the keyboard.…That's actually a field tag.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
Forms in Depth with Word 2016with Gini von Courter1h 30m Intermediate
Office 365: Word Essential Trainingwith David Rivers5h 44m Beginner
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.