Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating personalized email messages, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- [Voiceover] This document is called Email Message Content,…and it is in chapter 2 of the exercise files.…You can start with any document you wish…that you might like to send as an e-mail message…and personalize for each of the recipients.…If you are responsible for correspondence for your team…or a significant part of your organization…and you haven't used this feature before,…you're in for a real treat.…This is very similar to what we did with letters,…and everything we learned about…how to create mail merge letters…is gonna work here just fine for us.…
Let's click on Mailings, Start Mail Merge and in this case,…rather than choosing Letters,…we're choosing E-Mail Messages.…And as soon as we do, it looks, now,…like an e-mail message rather than like a letter,…which is pretty cool.…We're going to replace the highlighted text with fields,…but first, in order to get some merge fields,…we have to connect to a data source.…Choose Select Recipients and let's choose a list,…and the list that I'm choosing,…also in the exercise files in chapter 2,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.