Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Mail Merge with an Access table or query, part of Mail Merge in Depth with Word 2016.
- [Voiceover] It's very easy to use a Microsoft Access…data source, because Word is actually creating…Microsoft Access data sources.…All I need to do is choose Select Recipients,…Use an Existing List, and I'll automatically…end up back here with the databases…that I've created already.…So, if I wanted to open Brochure Requests, I could.…I can also go find another database.…So, if I go to my Exercise Files in Chapter 01,…you'll notice that there's a Customers Access…database that's available right here.…
If I open that Customers Access database,…it's already now connected to my letter here in Word.…The reason it's connected is there's only one table,…so it automatically knows that the customer's table…is the table that I'm going to be looking at.…What if we choose a database that is more complex…than the single table customer database?…In the Exercise Files for Chapter 01, you'll find…a student's database that has many more tables in it…than the ones we've seen so far.…
So, if I choose to use an existing list,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
Forms in Depth with Word 2016with Gini von Courter1h 30m Intermediate
Office 365: Word Essential Trainingwith David Rivers5h 41m Beginner
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.