Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating labels, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- [Voiceover] This Mail Merge function was…originally created so we could print labels…and actually paste them on envelopes for…large bulk mailings.…However, when you stroll through any…office supply store, you see lots of…chioces for labels, not just for envelopes…but for CDs, for DVDs, for file folders,…for name tags, for key tags, you'll see…more types of envelopes than you can imagine.…I was recently at the office supply store…buying labels that I could print for canning jars.…Any and all of these label products can…be used with mail merge.…
We begin again with a blank document…and go to the Mailings tab, and we're…going to choose, predictably, start…Mail Merge, Labels.…The very first thing you wanna do is…look at your labels and find the number of…the label on the box.…The first thing you'll want to do is…choose a vendor.…I don't know why Microsoft is the default…vendor for labels because they're certainly…not the labels I purchase, it's sort of…interesting that they did that, but take…a look at the box and see who supplies…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the tab where the Mail Merge button resides on the ribbon.
- Recall the button in the New aAdress List dialog box that is used to change the columns that you use when creating a new entry.
- Explain how to select only a few rows from an Excel sheet as a data source.
- List the things that the Preview Results section on the Mailings tab lets you look at.
- Name the finishing option you should use to save the results of the merge in one file.
- Recognize the options on the Labels tab of the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.