Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating labels, part of Mail Merge in Depth with Word 2016.
- [Voiceover] This Mail Merge function was…originally created so we could print labels…and actually paste them on envelopes for…large bulk mailings.…However, when you stroll through any…office supply store, you see lots of…chioces for labels, not just for envelopes…but for CDs, for DVDs, for file folders,…for name tags, for key tags, you'll see…more types of envelopes than you can imagine.…I was recently at the office supply store…buying labels that I could print for canning jars.…Any and all of these label products can…be used with mail merge.…
We begin again with a blank document…and go to the Mailings tab, and we're…going to choose, predictably, start…Mail Merge, Labels.…The very first thing you wanna do is…look at your labels and find the number of…the label on the box.…The first thing you'll want to do is…choose a vendor.…I don't know why Microsoft is the default…vendor for labels because they're certainly…not the labels I purchase, it's sort of…interesting that they did that, but take…a look at the box and see who supplies…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
Forms in Depth with Word 2016with Gini von Courter1h 30m Intermediate
Office 365: Word Essential Trainingwith David Rivers5h 41m Beginner
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.