Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating identical labels, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- [Voiceover] This movie has nothing to do…with the Mail Merge feature itself…but while we're on the subject of labels,…let me show you how to quickly create…a sheet of identical labels because…there are lots of uses for this.…Return address labels, property labels,…I've seen people print their business cards this way…using business card stock…so any of the specialty stocks that you get…you would be able to create…a number of identical things…and that's how you would do this.…A set of DVD labels, you don't do it with Mail Merge…but it is on the Mailings tab.…In the Create Group choose Labels.…
The first thing you need to do is…choose the type of label you wish…and whatever is here is not a default,…it's the last label that I chose.…That's kind of nice if I use Avery 5360's…over and over again.…I don't want to create a bunch of identical name badges…though I want to create a return address label…so I will need to choose Label.…We know how to do this.…Scroll up to the top, remember they're in order,…and for some reason it wants me to scroll…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.