Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating envelopes, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- [Voiceover] If your data source includes…the fields needed for an address block,…like name, address, city, state or province,…zip or postal code, then you have everything you need…to be able to create either envelopes or labels…using Mail Merge.…In this video I'm going to focus on…printing envelopes, and I am beginning with…a blank document.…That's how you will want to start as well.…I'm going to click on the Mailings tab, if it…wasn't already in view.…And over on the left hand side there's a…Create group that says create envelopes, create labels.…These are not Mail Merge features.…
This is how you would create a stack of envelopes…all addressed to the same person, or how you…would create a stack of envelopes with your return address,…or both.…This is how you would create a sheet of identical labels.…If we want to be able to create labels or envelopes…using variable data, we'll start Mail Merge as we have…all throughout this course.…If we want envelopes, we'll start right here.…The envelope options dialog box opens…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Choosing a data source
- Creating a new data source
- Using Mail Merge with Outlook contacts
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Inserting address blocks, greetings, and other fields
- Matching fields from a data source
- Formatting numeric data and dates
- Creating personalized email messages
- Attaching Word documents to merged emails
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges: FILLIN, ASK, and IF…THEN…ELSE
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.