Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching a Word document to an email message, part of Word 2016: Mail Merge in Depth.
- [Voiceover] I have a report that I want to send…to a number of different people.…And I have all of their email addresses in a file.…That file can be any of the data source types…that we've looked at previously.…Excel or Outlook contacts, Microsoft Access,…any database I can connect to.…And I want to send this report as a Word document.…Now if I wanted to send it as a PDF,…or I wanted to send PowerPoint or something else,…that's not this movie.…This movie focuses on the use of…the Mail Merge capabilities of Word…to send Word documents as attachments.…
I have Shaken and Stirred, this document for us to work with…which you'll find in the Exercise Files in Chapter Two.…And I'm actually going to customize this.…I don't need to, but I'm going to.…Because it's kind of a cool thing to do…while we're in the business of doing Mail Merge.…So this report is Fifty Years of Climate Studies…in the Great Lakes, and I'm going to then center this…and add a little bit of Mail Merge to it.…It's going to say Created for,…and then have a name here.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the tab where the Mail Merge button resides on the ribbon.
- Recall the button in the New aAdress List dialog box that is used to change the columns that you use when creating a new entry.
- Explain how to select only a few rows from an Excel sheet as a data source.
- List the things that the Preview Results section on the Mailings tab lets you look at.
- Name the finishing option you should use to save the results of the merge in one file.
- Recognize the options on the Labels tab of the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Personalized Letters
2. Using Email Merge
3. Creating Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
4. Using Rules and Other Advanced Features
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.