- View Offline
- Understanding the five types of styles
- Formatting an entire document with one click
- Creating custom character, paragraph, and table styles
- Setting font, document, and template defaults
- Assigning style keyboard shortcuts
- Basing one style on another
- Modifying styles automatically
- Editing, hiding, and recommending styles
- Exploring Word 2010 character spacing
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Formatting numbered and bulleted lists
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mariann Siegert and welcome to Word 2010: Styles in Depth. In this course we'll discover how utilizing the power of styles can make you more efficient, your documents more consistent, and how using Styles can even add time to your day. We'll see how to create, modify, delete and rename, and even navigate with styles. Then I'll show you how to use the power of custom and pre-built styles to easily create a table of contents.
We'll discover the magic behind style sets, and even create our own style set. We'll also use and customize a quick-style gallery by adding and deleting styles. I'll show you how to set document defaults, modify the Normal style and the Normal template and how themes work hand in hand with styles. Utilizing styles to the fullest potential can give you a competitive edge while keeping your documents consistent, and give the look of being professionally designed.
We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other helpful tools and techniques throughout this course. Now let's get started with Word 2010: Styles in Depth.