Word 2007: Styles in Depth
In Word 2007: Styles in Depth, author Mariann Siegert shows how to take advantage of Word styles to make professional documents. The course starts off with a demonstration of the benefits of using styles and then shows how to apply, create, and modify styles to suit individual needs. More advanced topics include creating a table of contents from styles, using Quick Styles and style sets, sorting and hiding styles, restricting styles in protected documents, using keyboard shortcuts for styles, and much more. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Understanding the five types of Word styles
- Using the Style pane
- Swapping styles with Find and Replace
- Formatting bulleted and numbered lists with styles
- Basing a new style on an existing one
- Modifying styles with the Style Inspector
- Building a table of contents with styles
- Linking styles with multilevel lists
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Setting document and style defaults
- Hi, I'm Mariann Siegert and welcome to Word 2007, Styles in Depth. In this course, you'll see just how powerful styles can be. It'll save you an abundant amount of time. It'll help maintain consistency throughout your documents and will give your work the look and feel of being professionally designed. We'll start by looking at how quickly you can create and apply your own styles, giving you an indispensable, time-saving tool. Then, we'll also get into one of the most valuable and under-used features in Word, which is generating a Table of Contents, using pre-built and custom styles.
We'll see how to quickly add or remove styles from the Quick Style gallery. And show you the magic behind style sets. We'll even create and save custom style sets. We'll take an in depth look at the relationship between the normal style, document defaults and font themes. Understanding this relationship is crucial when setting defaults in Word 2007, as these settings can affect all of your documents. Whether you're a veteran word warrior or a new user, understanding styles, will give you the edge and save enormous amounts of time and energy in your daily work flow and give you back time, in your life.
I'm excited to have this opportunity to share with you, how using styles can really make a big difference in your life, as they have in mine. Now, let's get started with Word 2007, Styles in Depth.
Modeling a Staircase with AutoCAD20,980 Views
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixing140,493 Views
Dynamic Simulations with Bullet Physics in Maya28,884 Views
Up and Running with LinkedIn Recruiter10,718 Views
3ds Max and Maya Integration11,756 Views
Windows 10 Essential Training871,616 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training6,010,917 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,279,953 Views