Word 2007: Styles in Depth
In Word 2007: Styles in Depth, author Mariann Siegert shows how to take advantage of Word styles to make professional documents. The course starts off with a demonstration of the benefits of using styles and then shows how to apply, create, and modify styles to suit individual needs. More advanced topics include creating a table of contents from styles, using Quick Styles and style sets, sorting and hiding styles, restricting styles in protected documents, using keyboard shortcuts for styles, and much more. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Understanding the five types of Word styles
- Using the Style pane
- Swapping styles with Find and Replace
- Formatting bulleted and numbered lists with styles
- Basing a new style on an existing one
- Modifying styles with the Style Inspector
- Building a table of contents with styles
- Linking styles with multilevel lists
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Setting document and style defaults
Hi! I'm Mariann Siegert, and welcome to Word 2007 Styles in Depth. In this course, you'll see just how powerful styles can be. They'll save you an abundant amount of time, they'll help maintain consistency throughout your documents, and they'll give your work the look and feel of being professionally designed. We'll start by looking at how quickly you can create and apply your own styles, giving you an indispensable time-saving tool. Then we'll also get into one of the most valuable and underused features in Word, which is generating a table of contents using pre-built and custom styles.
We'll see how to quickly add and remove styles from the Quick Style gallery, and show you the magic behind Style sets. We're even create and save custom Style sets. We'll take an in-depth look at the relationship between a normal style, document defaults, and font themes. Understanding this relationship is crucial when setting defaults in Word 2007, as these settings can affect all of your documents. Whether you're a veteran Word-warrior or a new user, understanding styles will give you the edge in saving enormous amounts of time and energy in your daily workflow, and give you back time in your life.
I'm excited to have this opportunity to share with you how using styles can really make a big difference in your life, as they have in mine. Now let's get started with Word 2007 Styles in Depth.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Word 2007: Styles in Depth .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: How do I make Word revert to the original document styles, the ones that it came with?
- A: To restore the original styles in Word 2007, open your new document, choose the Styles group on the Home tab, and choose Change Style > Style Set. Select Word 2007.To set Word 2007 as the default style set for all documents going forward, go back to the Styles group, choose Change Styles, and then click Set as Default.To delete any additional styles you may have added, open the Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S), click the arrow to the right of the style name in the list, and choose Delete from the menu that appears. Note you cannot delete the styles that ship with Word. (The Delete option will be grayed out for these.)
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Windows 10 Essential Training725,484 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,756,965 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,871,101 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Word 2007 Essential Training1,247,244 Views