Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing reports, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce.
- [Instructor] Once you start getting orders, it's helpful to look at reports. You can figure out your top products, when people order, what coupons people are using, et cetera. There's a ton of useful information in these reports. So let's go to WooCommerce, and then Reports. By default it's going to show us Sales. Now up here we can choose a timeframe. Either Last 7 Days, This Month, Last Month, Year, or a custom one that we enter. And along the side, we can see a ton of data.
Gross Sales Per Day, Refunds, Shipping, the number of orders, the number of items, and as you highlight over one of them, it'll point it out in the graph. If we go over to the Stock Report, this will show us a list of all of our products and how they're doing stock-wise. If you have physical goods, it's useful to take a look at this every week or so to make sure that all of your products will continue to be in stock. The tax report is also very helpful. You can see how much you should save for all of your taxes.
Because we've only done a few test orders and none of those happened to be in a taxable area, I don't see anything here, but as soon as you start getting orders in, you will start seeing the tax table fill up. I'm a huge fan of creating a separate savings account for the taxes that you collect. That way you don't ever accidentally spend that money that you collected for taxes. You could go in here once a week, once a month, or however often you need to add the money you should save for taxes directly into this account. Going back to the sales report.
We can click Sales by Product, and see how different products are doing. You can see that one of our products has been sold a lot, and one of them not so much. You can also expand different sections to show you not only sellers, but also earners. We can do the same thing with categories. If you have hundreds or thousands of products, it's nice to know which is the best product, but it's more helpful to know which types of products are really attracting people's attentions.
Let's look at Mineral Water and Supplements, and we can compare these two categories. The default reports in WooCommerce are a great place to start, but there are other reporting services out there. Metorik is a reporting service built exclusively for WooCommerce, and so far all the screenshots that they've put out look amazing. If you're big into reports, this is definitely a company to watch.
- Why WooCommerce?
- Installing WooCommerce
- Setting up your store
- Adding products, including images and data
- Creating a subscription product
- Setting up shipping
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Customizing your theme
- Connecting Google Analytics and MailChimp
- Managing orders and reports