Network analysts who have skills in packet analysis have set themselves apart. Learn how to use Wireshark in order to troubleshoot, monitor changes on the network, and identify threats.
- [Narrator] Although there are many other…packet analysis tools available…the tool I prefer is Wireshark,…an open-source tool with a rich graphical user interface…and many built-in features.…Whireshark is the tool that we can use…to baseline the network…and then actively monitor the changes and identify threats…and respond more quickly to remove them from the network.…In addition to Wireshark there are other packet analyzers.…
Cain and Abel can recover passwords by sniffing the network…and can record voice over IP conversations.…Tcpdump is a protocol analyzer…that runs from the command line,…and NarusInsight, formerly Carnivore,…can monitor all internet traffic.…Network administrators should be familiar…with packet analysis…As we can see on this webpage,…Cisco builds Wireshark into the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series…along with many other devices.…
If you've never used Wireshark, then go to Wireshark.org.…The homepage has resources where you can download Wireshark,…learn about it, and enhance your capture abilities…with some of the add-ons and interfaces.…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.