- Exploring Wireshark capture options
- Analyzing a capture
- Using time as a metric
- Viewing conversations and endpoints
- Creating flow and I/O graphs
- Graphing the TCP streams
- Protecting your network from packet sniffing
- Recognizing abnormal or malicious traffic
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Lisa] Wireshark is a free, open-source packet analysis tool used by network administrators to analyze and troubleshoot all types of network problems. Improving your packet analysis skills comes from a combination of education and experience. In this course, I'll demonstrate how to get the most out of Wireshark, so that you can better evaluate the network. We'll see how to use time as a metric for visualizing delays. You'll be introduced to some of the tools within Wireshark, such as TCP, I/O and flow graphs. Finally, I'll show you how to visualize transmission errors and recognize attack signatures. Hello, I'm Lisa Bock and I'm a security ambassador. If you're ready to take a closer look into some of the common tools and techniques to better analyze network problems with Wireshark, then let's get started.
Wireless Networking Essential Trainingwith Kevin Wallace1h 14m Intermediate
1. Traffic Capture and Analysis
2. Using Time as a Metric
3. Wireshark Tools
4. Recognizing Abnormal or Malicious Traffic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.